Tarig Mohamed Nour Ali
Assistant Professor Dr., Department of Islamic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Khartoum.
Deputy Dean, Deanship of Students’ Affairs, University of Khartoum
Place & Date of Birth:
Barbar- Sudan 09/05/1964
Deanship of Students’ Affairs
University of Khartoum
Khartoum - Sudan
P.O. Box: 321
Tel: +249 183 779039
Fax: +249 183780721
GSM: +249 912904190
No: 3/5 Yellow Palace
Bury , Khartoum, Sudan.
- Ph. D. Degree in History, Department of History, Institute of Social Studies, University of Istanbul 2006. Istanbul- Turkey
- M.A. Degree in History, Department of History, Institute of Social Studies, University of Istanbul 2002. Istanbul- Turkey
-Diploma in Turkish Lang., Turkish Language Center University of Ankara- Turkey. 1999
- B.A. (Honors) Degree in History, Department of History, Faculty of Education, University of Khartoum 1988. Khartoum- Sudan
- Ottoman Language (Old Turkish)
Good Command of Computer Usage
- Continual Professional Development Course (CPD) For Deans on 15th June 2013 at Khartoum University Center for Advanced Training, University of Khartoum – Sudan.
- Training of Trainers (TOT) from 1-10 June 2013 at Top Quality, Asmara – Eretria.
-Program for Senior Administrative People of Sudanese Universities from 4 - 14 November 2012 at University of Yangzhou, Yangzhou – China.
- Religion in the United States: Pluralism and public Presence, University of California 2011
- Courses in Islamic Philosophy and Civilization, International Institute for Islamic Thought and Civilization, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 1994.
- Advance English Course, International Institute of Boston 1989, Boston- U.S.A.
- Television Production, Boston Film and Video Foundation 1989, Boston- U.S.A.
- Deputy Dean, Deanship of Students’ Affairs, University of Khartoum – Sudan since 2010
- Head of The Department of Islamic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Khartoum – Khartoum – Sudan (2007 - 2010)
- Assistant Professor, University of Khartoum, since August 2006.
- Special Secretary for Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Khartoum 1997-1998.
- Office Manager for President Advisor for Tasil and Strategic Planning, Presidential Palace, Khartoum 1996-1997
- Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Arts, University of Khartoum, 1993- 2006.
- Script writing, Camera man and Directing in Video Production, Asda for Media Production, Khartoum, Sudan 1989-1993.
- Part time job: Sudan Television
-Ryad Studio for Media Production
- Directing a documentary film on Umdibeykrat (Historical) 1992.
- Working in News Papers 1988.
- Teaching in Secondary Schools in Khartoum 1986- 1987.
- Coordinator For History Science Department, Epistemological Inlightment of Knowledge Center, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Pillars of Knowledge for Research and Studies, Khartoum, Sudan
- A member of the Supreme Committe, which organized the conference of Islamic Sciences as Base for Bulding Civilization December 2012
- A Member of the Supreme Committe and a member of the Scientific Committe, which organized the International Symposium on Sudan in Ottoman September 2012
- A Member of Organizing Committe of the Scientific Seminar on the history of Sudan through Suakin May 2012
- A Meber of Orgnaizing Committe for the International Confrans on Turkish Sudanese Relation held by International Freidship Council and Hira Magazine in Khartoum May 20007.
"Ottomans Efforts to Protect Somalia against the European Powers", INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ISLAMIC CIVILISATION IN EASTERN AFRICA, Kampala-Uganda 2003, Istanbul 2006. (in English)
-"The Ottoman Cities in Black Africa "Türkiye Araştırmaları Literatür Dergisi, Cilt 3, Say 6, 2005. (in Turkish)
-"Birinci Dünya Savaşı'nda Emperyalizme Karşı Türklerin Yanında Yer Alan Darfur Hakimi Ali Dinar (1898-1916)", Atatürk Araştırma Merkezi Dergisi, XXI, sayi: 61, Ankara 2006. (Against the Imperialism in the First World War: Ali Dinar the Sultan of Darfur Fighting beside the Turks (1898-1916) (in Turkish)
-“The end of the Turkish Era by the British in Sudan”, Inkap Enstütüsü, University of Istanbul, Istanbul 2006. (in Turkish)
‘’Successful Samples: The Turkish Islamic Movements ’’, Islamic Movements, EpistemologicalEnlightenmentCentre, Khartoum Sudan 2008. (in Arabic).
``The Ottoman Empire Attitude towards the British occupation of Suakin"
Suakin: History, Civilization and Intrnational Intractions, EpistemologicalEnlightenmentCentre, Khartoum, 2012.
The Courses Offered by me:
Post Graduate Students
“Ottomans in East Africa”, Seminar, University of Kirklereli, , Kirklereli- Turkey.24th December 2013
“Turkish Rule in Sudan in the American Press: The Mehdi Movment”, The first Turkish-American Relations Congress, University of Istanbul, Istanbul- Turkey. Conference Contributions 19-20 October 2013
“The Efect of Balkans Migration on East Africa (Sudan)”, 2ed International Conference on the Balkans and Mass Immigration “Cities”, University of Istanbul, Istanbul- Turkey. Conference Contributions, 24-25 October 2013
“The Ottomans in Sudan”, The Monthly Symposium, University of Bilecik, Bilecik- Turkey. Conference Contributions. 28 Sebtember 2013
"Eyalet of Abyssinia: the founding of the Ottoman rule in Sudan"
International Symposium on Sudan During the Ottomans Period
Organized by the Sudanese Council cabinets through the National Archives in Khartoum on 26-28 September 2012
"Contributions of Muslim scholars in the field of history"
Conference of Islamic Sciences as base for Building a Civilisation.
held by the Department of Islamic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Khartoum Sharjah Hall on 11-12/2012.
"The Ottoman Empire Attitude towards the British occupation of Suakin"
Symposium on the History of Sudan through Suakin
Organized by the EpistemologicalEnlightenmentCentre, Khartoum Sudan in collaboration with University of Red Sea Suakin on 05.02.2012.
8. “Coptic Church in North Sudan: Challenges to Religious Pluralism” International Symposium on Religious Pluralism in Global Perspective, (USA) California 2011
“Sudan and the Ottomans” From Sugut to three Contenents: Ottoman Empire, University of Bilecek, Bilecek –Turkey 2010.
''Slavery in the Diplomatic Relations during the Ottoman Period: The Case of Sudan'', THE AFRICAN – TURKISH RELATIONS: PAST ROUTES, RECIPROCAL EMIGRATION AND PRESENT HERITAGE, IRCICA, Istanbul 2010.
The Turkish-Arab Forum, SETA Foundation for Political, Social and Economic Research, Istanbul on June 14, 2010.
“The Port Of Jeddah”, The International Conference on City and Civilization, Corum- Turkey 2009.
“Suakin in the Notes of Nuredin Pasha” The International Conference on the Arab Cities in the Ottomans Geography, University of Marmara, Istanbul – Turkey 2009.
14. ‘’The Contributions of African Scholars to Corum”, International Conference on Corum, Corum- Turkey 2007.
Islamic History and Civilization
Introduction to Islamic Jurisprudence
Hadith and its science
Introduction to Quran Interpretations
History of Ottomans
History of Mahdist State in Sudan
History of Anglo- Egyptian Period in Sudan
History of Islam
History of Islamic Education
History of Administration in Islam
3 students one has already defend his Theses
- 2 Master students one has already defend her
- More than 10 graduation thesis for masters and honors students